Did you know?
An UTmail account (email@example.com) is an UT-sanctioned gmail account.
- Current/future/former students and alumni can have an account for life
- Current faculty and staff can have an account while they are employed at UT, beyond that these accounts automatically convert to personal accounts upon retirement, unless a personal account already exists
- Email account on the @utexas.edu domain.
- Twice the storage of normal Gmail accounts (30+ GB), with none of the ads.
- Choose your own account name.
- Easy-to-use browser interface.
- Convenient syncing with mobile devices via app or browser.
- Information Security Office (ISO) approved Google Drive Integration with Canvas using your UTmail account.
- Google Drive & Team Drive
It is strongly recommended that every student designate their UTmail account as their primary email account in UT Direct and that all faculty and staff use their UTmail account or other UT email account as their primary email account for all UT related business.